Gerbils!

Meet the newest additions to the Cornelius Clan.  We would like to introduce our beloved new pets, a pair of gerbil brothers. 

The black gerbil is Legacy (or Blackie depending on if you ask Rebekah - Legacy camp - or the rest of the kids - Blackie camp).
The orange gerbil is called Tangee. 

They joined our family in July and quickly settled into the routins of our life.  They even evacuated with us to Dallas during Hurricane Harvey.  They served to calm the fears of the kids and add some happy distraction to a family of anxious Corneliuses. 

We are enjoying Legacy's and Tangee's playful, busy personalities, their super soft fur, and their adorable little faces.  The kids LOVE their gerbils, and after careful observation I have determined I don't really have children.  I have gerbils who happen to look like kids.  They crack me up with all the funny ways they are like our newest  family additions.  Gerbils sleep in piles on top of each other.  My children (with the exception of Rebekah) all pile on top of each other on Loyd's bed to sleep at night.  Gerbils like to dig and make messes.  My children like to dig and make messes outside, inside, and in between.  Gerbils like to put things in their mouths.  I'm always telling my kids to take things out of their mouths.  Gerbils love to shred paper.  My kids' favorite activity is to get a piece of paper and a pair of scissors and cut as many small pieces of paper as is humanly possible.  Gerbils love new toys.  My kids love new toys.  So, as you can see, it appears I've been raising lovable gerbils for all of this time.  :D  Silly kids...or is it gerbils???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House