I am awesome

So, I must brag about myself. Let it be known, I have gone on three (yes, three!) excursions outside of the house with all three children by myself this week. Yes, I know, I am amazing. ;>D We were quite the production to behold as I got everyone out of the car. I wore Xavier in the front pack, Loyd was securely buckled in his monkey leash, and Rebekah, the good little girl that she is, obediently held my hand. Maybe I can handle life with three kids, maybe. For now, I'm just glad to be able to leave the house every once in a while.


Here is our story time group. They have lots of fun together every week learning about the alphabet. This week they made ice cream (we learned about the letter "I"). As you can see, they enjoyed the fruits of their labors immensely. We also do finger plays, sing songs and read some books. Great Grandma Young would be very proud of me. She would also be proud of Bekah. She has been practicing her finger play, "Houses." It goes like this:

Here is the nest for Mr. Bluebird (cup hands together)
Here is the hive for Mr. Bee (both fists together, palm to palm)
Here is the hole for Bunny Rabbit (make a hole with your fingers together)
And here is the house for me. (Finger tips together to make a peak)

It's really cute to hear her do this. I'll have to try and catch it on video.


Little Xavier turned 1 month old on Monday. I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. He has grown so much in the past month. On Wednesday I got him to smile and giggle. It was so adorable. Here is our little man playing on the frog play mat. Now that he is awake more we have to start finding things to keep him busy. He gets bored and sad when we don't keep his mind busy enough.


He seems to really like the turtle mirror toy. Maybe he knows how handsome he is. :-)


Look at those pretty blue eyes. If we're lucky he'll have Grandpa P's pretty blue eyes. Cross your fingers everyone!




My favorite mode, sleeping.


Xavier loves the baby swing. He will sleep in it for hours. I love the swing. Last night he was a bit on the fussy side. After about an hour of making the poor kid suffer we finally got the idea to put him in his swing. Once he was all buckled in he smiled at us and relaxed his little body, as if he was saying, "Finally!" He promptly fell asleep for the next three hours. I want a swing like this that's my size. Let me know if anyone sees one. ;>)

Comments

Lindsey said…
You really are awesome! I was just telling Brett (after a TERRIBLE day of running errands with the two boys) that there was NO WAY I was ever leaving the house with all three kids in tow to go grocery shopping (that is when we have three, this is NO announcement). It just isn't going to happen. He agreed. I will have to become more organized I suppose to make this work...Way to set a good example for me though and show me that it is possible. But what do you do when Xavier learns to stand up in the grocery cart and screams when you buckle him in? How do you handle two kids walking with you while holding toddler, and pushing cart? :(
Andrea said…
what a beautiful boy.

you ARE amazing. go supermom, go.
Jill said…
You rock!! I miss Xavier. We need joint custody or something.

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House