Happy Thanksgiving

It was a fun Thanksgiving week for us. Dustin had the entire week off work so I took full advantage of his time off and ran the family ragged.

On Monday we went to Space Center. They had a new "National Geographic Maps" exhibit. There were a lot of interactive play ares for the kids to explore that taught them about maps and explorers. They were able to play in a tent, in an airplane cockpit, in a boat, and put together a pyramid, among many other activities. It was awesome!





We also did the usual space touristy stuff too. I couldn't resist getting their pictures in this funny cut out. We love playing at Space Center Houston. We are definitely getting out money's worth out of our season passes.





On Tuesday we began potty training Loyd. We don't have any pictures to illustrate for obvious reasons. (I would start to doubt my sanity if I did have pictures to post.) He is doing great. We need to invest more focused time with him, but he is catching on. Wish us luck!

On Wednesday we had story time with their friends. The kids played like maniacs in the new play house and play castle some friends in our ward gave us. I'll save that for a different post. I know I will have lots of pictures of that. The kids practically live in the new toys.

On Thursday, for part of Thanksgiving dinner, we harvested our much anticipated first fruit harvest. Here is Dustin showing off our one and only satsuma on our little tree. He is holding a satsuma we bought at the store next to it so you can see how truly huge our lonely fruit got. Maybe next year we'll have two satsumas! ;>)



On Friday we took advantage of the free day at the Houston Zoo. It was awesome. The kids had a blast seeing the animals and playing in the playground. We did discover, however, that Rebekah does have a deep and strong fear of fish and reptiles. We had several near fear induced meltdowns as fish swam toward the glass. It was pretty funny for those of us who weren't scared of the clown fish. ;-D



Loyd was Mr. Brave. He wanted to see everything. He even got to touch a snake.





Here is a shot of a little reunion we had while at the zoo. Xavier found the stork who brought him to our house. The stork is that ugly statue looking bird in the background. It didn't move at all while we were visiting him. Very strange.


This is a closer shot of Mr. Stork.

Here are some fun shots Dustin got of the kids in the zoo playground.










It's hard to get many photos of our little Xavier while we are out and about because he is usually strapped to one of us. So, here are a few shots we took of him this week. He is growing so fast. I can't believe he will be two months old soon. He is a happy little boy. He smiles all the time when he is awake and I am in the room. He still sleeps a lot (I'm not complaining). However, he does seem to have a super Mommy sense. He knows when I'm not in the same room as him. He will wake up within two minutes of my leaving and will cry until I come back in. He can be a bit of a stinker sometimes.






At the of this busy week I had worn my family out.



Can you find two of my boys? :)


We hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving too, and we wish you a merry Christmas season.

Comments

Anonymous said…
U guys look like u always are having fun I need to come back that place u guys went to with the plae and space thing looks fun I like space and panes :) I'm not afraid of being on a plane by my self it's just the getting lost at the air port

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House