Back to School!

 It's that wonderful time of year again, back to school season!  We were all very excited to start another school year this August.  This year we have a very grown up 4th Grader, a well practiced 2nd Grader, and an enthusiastic Kindergartener. 

Yea for learning!
 Wishing I would hurry up and finish taking pictures so they could get to the bus stop.
Waiting at the bus stop




 
It's crazy to me that Rebekah is starting the 4th Grade.  I remember the 4th Grade and I know I wasn't nearly as smart and well rounded as she is when I was there. :)  I'm excited to see her grow and change this year and work hard to learn all that she can!

 
Loyd is my 2nd Grader this year.  He worked very hard all summer long to get better at reading and is excited to put his good brain back into learning action.  He's also really excited to see his friends again.  He's missed all of his school buddies over the summer.  He's one smart cookie.  I love how excited he is to learn at school and how hard he works grow his knowledge and talents.  Our Loyd is pretty terrific!

Xavier finally started Kindergarten!!!!  It has been a long summer of answering the daily question, "When do I get to go to school?"  He can't wait to learn how to read and his favorite subject to tell me about when he gets home off the bus is lunch. Great Grandma Zoie would appreciate the detail and enthusiasm with which he updates me on the daily lunch menue at school. :) 

The cutest quote he gave after the first day of school was:

"Mom!  It's awesome!  I just say to kids, 'Do you want to be my friend?' and then they say 'Yes,' and we play!" 

I love his happy, bright personality and am so glad he is sharing his inner light with new friends at school. 

Maeve got swept up in the excitement of the first day of school too, insisting on taking a backpack and walking to the bus stop too.  She was pretty sure she was going to school and was going to ride the bus there with everyone else.  It was a pretty sad moment for us when the big kids climbed on the bus and I didn't let her follow.  We ate our sad feelings when we got home by snacking on cereal, drinking chocolate milk, and watching PBS Kids cartoons for the morning. 

Now that we are a couple of weeks into our new routine I think she's fine staying home and having me all to herself during the day, but she sure is glad to hear the school bus arrive in the afternoon and drop the big kids off at home once more.  The big kids feel special and loved as they are excitedly greeted by Maeve shouting, "You're home!  You're home!"

Owen has no idea what school is, but he sure has noticed that he has been enjoying more quiet time during the day.  To commemorate our new daily routine Owen dressed for the occasion by wearing his cute school bus onsie one the first day of school.  :)

Comments

Ya"ll sure have some cute kids!!! Can't believe how big everyone is getting!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House