Welcome Baby Owen!

On Thursday, November 20th, we happily welcomed Owen Anson Cornelius into our family.  Baby Owen decided to do a last minute flip and had to be born c-section due to his breach presentation.  Thank goodness Grandma P was here to take good care of the kids at home so Dustin could stay in the hospital with me to help take care of little Owen while I was stuck in bed.  I was greatly blessed to have so much loving help at home and in the hospital.  It took a great deal of stress out of the delivery and allowed me to enjoy getting to know my newest little boy better.

Owen weighed 8 lbs 4 oz (my biggest baby yet), and 20 inches long at birth.  He cried and cried while we recovered in the hospital for three days.  However, the moment we came home to a busy, happy house filled with excited brothers and sisters Owen settled right down and is currently the most content and happy little baby boy you have ever seen.  He loves to be held by his siblings and always has a smile ready for his brothers and sisters.  We love this chubby cheeked, content little boy.  Welcome to mortality, Owen!




 Funny Things The Kids Said About Baby Owen

As soon as we arrived home from the hospital on Sunday night, with a little pink Baby Sign Language book in hand.
Rebekah:  Ok Owen,  I have my book so I can understand what you are saying. 

On Monday, over the walkie-talkie because Loyd was playing with his friends down the street.
Loyd: Mom, where's Owen?
Me: He's sleeping.
Loyd: Where's he sleeping?
Me: In my bedroom in the pack n' play.
Loyd: Oh, can he come out and play basketball with the guys?
Me: No, he better stay here and finish his nap.  :)

 
In the hospital on Thursday night, coming to visit his new baby brother for the first time.
Xavier: (Presenting me with one of Maeve's sippy cups) Here Mom, you can give this to Owen.  I brought it for him.
Me:  That's really nice of you Xavier, but Owen can't drink regular milk.  He can only drink mommy milk.
Xavier: (Pronounced with exaggeration as if explaining something very obvious to someone very slow),  I know.  But this is chocolate milk.  (Oh, that explains everything.  Chocolate milk is fine for newborns)  ;)
 
On Thanksgiving day, grabbing a bottle of diaper cream and gesturing to carry Baby Owen
Maeve:  I change Baby Owen's butt now.

Now if we can only get Rebekah to volunteer to change diapers with the same gusto as Maeve.  :)
***
As you can see, we are all having too much fun playing babies with our new baby boy.  What did we ever do before Owen?  :)

Comments

Lindsey said…
Wow! I have not visiting your blog for too long. CONGRATULATIONS on beautiful baby Owen! He is absolutely darling! How is it as a mother of FIVE? I think we are done after these four boys, but then I see these cute newborns and have second thoughts. I also LOVE seeing my bigger kids interact with a new baby just as you wrote about so well with your kids cute comments. I love it! I'm sorry you had to have an emergency c-section right before the holidays. I hope you are recovering well! I will come back soon and catch up on the other posts I have missed!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House