Overrun By Sports Equipment

Spring soccer starts this Wednesday and for two non-athletic parents we are feeling a bit overrun by sporting equipment.  This is our "sizable" collection of equipment for Bekah and Loyd.  Just imagine the insanity if Xavier was signed up too!  Please note, there is one more soccer ball in our collection, but we couldn't find it in time for this picture. 

You more athletically inclined mothers, go ahead and roll your eyes and think of how little I truly know about the joys of a house overrun by sporting equipment.  I know I am overreacting, but this is still more sports stuff than has ever been in our house for my whole married life.  It's going to take some time to get use to.  ;P

The kids are excited to start soccer and I'm working up my endurance for weekly practice and Saturday morning games.  Here's to hoping Loyd takes fewer rest brakes during the games and Bekah remembers she is competing against the other team, not her brother.  :)

Spring Break offered a wonderful opportunity to work on many of the household chores and projects that I have wanted to do, but haven't had time to get at due to the demands of daily life and school work.  Hanging the beautifully drawn portaits of Xavier and Maeve my talented sister Karen gave us for Christmas was high on my to-do list.  I have eagerly been waiting to put them up on my wall and show offer her talents and my cute kids.  When Xavier woke up the next morning (we hung them after the kids went to bed), he ran to my room and told me to close my eyes because he had a surprise for me.  He eagerly walked me out to the living room and proudly showed me his surprise, the newly hung artwork.  He was so excited.  What a wonderful surprise for Mommy. :)

We also spent a lot of time at the park during this beautiful week of school vacation.  We are so grateful for good weather, fun friends, and wonderful parks!


We even made it to Space Center for an afternoon.  We watched their City Cirque stunt show that they brought in for Spring Break.  They had performers doing skate board, BMX bike, and acrobatic stunts set in an Urban backdrop.  It was pretty cool and the kids loved banging pots and pans along with the beat of the music.  We then went on a NASA tram tour and the boys were in heaven as they rode on the exciting "train."  It was a fun afternoon at Space Center. 

And finally, this week Maeve has been practicing her "sitting" skills.  She mostly folds in half and pushes her self up with her arms, but it's a start.  :)  She seems to enjoy her sitting practice sessions quite a lot.  She is growing too fast!  We just adore this precious little girl.  What a lucky family we are.  :D


Comments

Thomas Family said…
What a cute family! I can't believe Maeve is already sitting. It seems like she was just born last week! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because Natalie's growing just as fast. She's climbing everything and starting to brave walking along things. At this rate, she'll be walking next week! I'm glad to see pictures of you guys. We wish you the best!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House