Christmas Crochet Extravaganza

We took the kids to Space Center this week.  The mock-up training shuttle is happily parked next to the space center now that the shuttle missions are over.  It was pretty exciting to be so close to such a complex and historic machine.  Xavier couldn't help himself from running up to every person he saw and exclaiming, "Shuttle!  Shuttle!  Rocket!  Rocket!"  Xavier loved this trip to Space Center far more than anyone else.  Each rocket explosion and launch into space was greeted with squeals of delight and jumps of excitement.  He's smitten by NASA.  I guess I know where I have to take Xavier after we drop Loyd off for preschool.  ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Yarn + Time = Crochet Bonanza at the Cornelius Home

I finished the tan blanket earlier this year, but the garden granny square didn't get completed until last Saturday.  It is one of the most time consuming projects I've undertaken.  I think it turned out quite pretty.  Both of these blankets have been sent of to Project Linus to find good homes with special kids. 
This pretty rainbow blanket miraculously came together in one week.  A need arose for it to be quickly made and sent to a special home.  I guess when the Lord wants things done He gives us the miracles necessary to get them accomplished in His time table.
This was just for fun.  I had some extra yarn from the rainbow blanket and thought I would make a hat for baby Maeve.  The hat turned out really cute, but sadly it's too big for Maeve.  I'll have to see if it fits Bekah instead.  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry if this is a duplicate comment...I think I accidently messed up my other one.

Your crochet projects are beautiful! I wish I lived close still so you could teach me how to do it. You are so talented. I especially love the Granny Square one. Lucky will be the child who gets it!
Thomas Family said…
What talent! I am glad to see that you're still keeping up with your awesome crocheting projects. On another note, maybe Xavier will be a rocket scientist someday! Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House