I never see it coming....

Boys are funny things. They have curious minds and wiggling little bodies. They have creative ideas that mothers never can see coming. Here are just a few I've encounter over the past few weeks.

Funny Things Loyd Did:
One day, as I was picking Loyd up from preschool his teacher pulled me aside. She said with a bit of a smile on her face, "I didn't see it happen, but...when Loyd came out of the restroom he told us he wanted to see what the toilet water tasted like. We checked the top of his head and it was wet. We didn't see him do it, but a quick shower might not be amiss when you get home."

The next week after the toilet water incident I was again pulled aside by this kind and long suffering teacher. Loyd had been caught playing kissing tag with another little girl. The teachers found out about it because she went to brag to all of her little girl friends that Loyd liked her best. He's only three years old and already he's been dubbed "Dream Boat" material by the girls.


Funny Things Loyd Said:
  • After watching Star Wars for the first time, "Mom! I want to be Darth Vader!"
  • After getting caught pulling his pants down and pretending to pee outside in front of his friends, "What? I'm a wild animal."
  • Shouting from the bathroom as I take Xavier for a diaper change, "Xavier needs a new butt! His poops too much."
  • After relentlessly barraging me with questions on everything, "Mom, why do you say, 'I don't know,' so much?"
  • To Santa Clause, "I want a remote control Xavier."

Xavier's communication abilities are increasing too. This week at dinner when we asked him to please eat his food he surprised us. Instead of the simple, "No!" we are use to, he replied, "No! It's yuckies!"

Thank goodness for little boys. They certainly keep us laughing.
And thank goodness for little girls. They help us know we aren't the crazy ones. :)

Comments

Maraike said…
This is so funny, what Loyd does. And the best while reading: your voice comes to my mind and i hear you saying "I don´t know"...I think it was Robby, who also questioned you that much??!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House