S'More Rain Please

(Cheerfully wet after a spring shower)

To start our newscast I'll tell you a little about our weather. Texas has been in the middle of an extreme drought for the past several months. Starting from October we are currently about 17 inches behind our normal precipitation levels for the year. Every weather forecast is dominated with the question of, "When will we get rain again?" This past week we had cause to celebrate. We had actual rain! It was so exciting. The kids played in the rain until they were soaked and the plants and grass were very happy to have a long overdue drink. I was happy that I didn't have to water the lawn this week.

Pray for more rain to come our way again soon!

(S'more covered smiles)

In other news, Dustin thought it would be fun to set the tent up in the backyard this weekend and have a mini "camp out" with the kids. They set the tent up under our oak trees, then came in and roasted marshmallows over the gas range with our kabob skewers. The kids were in chocolate-graham cracker-marshmallow heaven. The weather was nice and they all braved the great out of doors valiantly and with full tummies. I sissied out and slept in my comfortable bed. Now that is a camping trip I can get behind. :)

(Say what now?!?!)

On a final note, I just couldn't resist including this picture. I'm not sure what Loyd is doing or what was happening at the time of this picture, but it's pretty awesome. Don't you think? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House