Rough Week for the Cornelius Kids



The kids have been having quite a dramatic week and Loyd has been kind enough to instigate it for us. On Monday, I walked into the kitchen to find Loyd had gotten into the fridge, again, and had gotten the watermelon out. He was happily eating his stolen treat with Xavier crawling on the ground begging him to share. Out of the kindness of his heart Loyd passed a piece of watermelon down to his little brother to taste because, as Loyd explained, "Xavier is starving."

Later in the week Dustin was working on cutting and hanging drywall in our bathroom. Loyd was supervising the work in the garage to make sure it was done right. While Dustin was picking up a large piece of dry wall and turning it around it scraped Loyd' knee slightly. Loyd immediately burst into tears and came running into the house to find me and show me his boo-boo. When I asked Loyd what happened he explained, "Dad's killing me!"

Finally, on Friday Loyd was having a busy wiggly day. To keep himself busy for a few minutes he took it upon himself to make his sister scream as much as possible. Bekah wasn't safe anywhere. He found her in her room, down the hall, in the front room and even outside. Loyd took great pleasure in the squealing and Bekah got quite the workout trying to hide from him. Poor Bekah, it's rough putting up with two little brothers.

So there you have it. This week my poor children have endured starvation, murder attempts and little brother torture. Who knew that life was so troublesome. :)


P.S. Here is a picture of my sweet baby girl and I dressed as close to the same as we could get for Church. Thanks for helping us pull these outfits together Grandma P.! We're pretty in purple! Isn't my Bekah pretty!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those 2 year olds... :)

We bought a fridge lock a few months ago. Quite possibly the best $4 I ever spent - definitely saved my sanity! (We just got a basic version at Babies R Us - I'm sure they sell them elsewhere.)
That is a cute picture of you and Rebekah, you are looking pretty skinny these days!!
Triny Kay said…
love that last picture of you and your little girl! brenna likes to dress like me sometimes too. it is so fun when they do that =) aren't little girls just so precious? ian likes to torment brenna too....that's why she plays outside all day where he can't go =)

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House