Beach Trip and Smiling

This weekend we had a fun trip to the beach. The kids always love a trip to the beach and this time Xavier really got into the fun. He enjoyed himself much more this trip than he did the last. He was crawling (army crawling still) and walking (with assistance) across the wet sand, squishing his fingers in the super saturated sand between the beach and the waves, bouncing in the surf, jumping in the water and eating lots of sand, seaweed and seashells. He was one very happy boy. Bekah and Loyd enjoyed exploring the beach and walking out toward the horizon with their daddy. They discovered the joys of digging for tiny sand crabs and Dustin got stung in the leg and pinched on the pinkey finger by unknown sea creatures. Everyone was sand encrusted and tired by lunch time. No one died and a great time was had by all.


Bekah diligently digging for sea shells to add to her collection and trying to catch an elusive sand crab.


Loyd working hard to fill his bucket so he can dump it out again. It's amazing how many times a little boy can repeat this task and never get tired of it!


Xavier was feeling particularly photogenic so we got a lot of great pictures of him. What can I say, I'm a sucker for those big baby blues!


Xavier analyzing one of his latest discoveries, seaweed. Don't ask me how many times we had to stop him from putting this stuff in his mouth or, failing to notice him sneakily putting it in his mouth, fishing it out of his mouth. Crazy baby.


Xavier showing us just how much he loves squishing his hands through the water-saturated sand sludge. It feels so cool between your piggy toes!


Happily enjoying a day at the beach with Mommy.


For those of you who have met Mr. Xavier in person you know he is a little man who always has a smile at the ready. To illustrate this fact I want to share a picture of how I found our little trouble maker this morning. He was crying in his room so I went in to find out what the matter was and get him out for the morning. When I went into his room I found him stuck in the predicament below.

Being the kind and compassionate mother that I am I started laughing and went strait for the camera. Of course, my leaving the room only made Xavier angrier and his crying intensified. After a few seconds, when I walked back into the room carrying the camera everything changed. Xavier saw the camera, I said, "Say Cheese!" and he immediately stopped crying and started flashing me these handsome smiles. Silly kid; he just loves his picture taken. And yes, I did eventually rescue him from the crib. ;>)

Comments

Now that is just cruel.... Dangling pictures of the beach and posting them right in front of me!!! Looks like you guys are having fun there in TX. ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House