June Flowers


We had some much needed rain yesterday. I almost had to water my garden! It was quite the loud thunder storm over our heads and it dropped some 1.5 inch hail and threatened a tornado in the city northeast of us. Thankfully we missed out on the tornado and the hail, but after the storm we were left with some amazing light and I was able to catch a few shots of the flowers on my front porch and the beautiful full rainbow outside. It was the first time Rebekah saw a rainbow in real life and she was amazed.

These flowers are called hibiscus. I just love their shape and large size. Sadly, they don't smell like anything, but they come in a lot of different colors. I have 6 hibiscus bushes in my front yard and each bush has it's own distinctive bloom. I love to look at them. Rebekah loves to pick them off the bushes!

This is the cutest little palm tree. It is in our next door neighbor's yard. Dustin wants to put some palms in our yard too, but we haven't figured out which variety or where to put them just yet.

Comments

ZB said…
These flowers are gorgeous. Can't wait to see you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House