Happy Birthday, John!

This March my sweet little John turned 3 yeas old!  What an immense joy and pleasure it is to be the mother of this very sweet little boy. He brings laughter and fun wherever he goes.  

John uses kind words and is always polite.  "Please" and "Thank you" are quick on his lips without reminding.  

John of great depths of empathy.  It is very important to him that those around him are happy.  He often asks, "You happy?"  If the answer is "no" then he goes out of his way to help you feel happy again, even at personal sacrifice.  Your tears and sorrow are felt as if they are his own.  Your joy and happiness is felt as his own as well.  

John is a helper.  Whenever there is a job to be done John is the first on the scene to offer help and support.  He loves his shovel and is super excited whenever a job requires some shoveling to be done, whether it be snow or dirt or anything else you can think of.  

John is eager to be pleased.  He doesn't just like a thing, an activity, a person, or a food.  He "LOVES" them.  All day long when John finds something that brings him joy he is quick to exclaim, "I LOVE it!" with a great big grin spread across his face.  Do you like that ice cream?  John, "I LOVE it!"

John is independent.  John is eager to learn how to do things on his own, like getting his own snack, picking his own clothes, or helping to make dinner.  He often declares, "I can do it myself." when he is in the middle of a great task and does not wish to have any help.  

John is proud to be himself.  When asked how old his is John always answers, "I'm tiny."  He notes how big his mom and dad and brothers and sisters are and is proud that he is part of this family and of his place as the baby.  He enjoys being himself and doesn't feel the need to envy those around him.  He also loves his name.  He is proud to tell anyone who asks that he is John.   He spend a lot of time every day going through everyone's names.  "That's Dustin.  I'm John.  Your Mommy."  

John is my special boy.  I thank Heavenly Father every day for gifting me with this little boy.  John brings me such joy and such peace.  I know most children are not like him and so I am enjoying every precious moment of his childhood.  I know he is only mine for a short time and one day he will be not so tiny anymore.  I know he will do incredible things with his life for the Lord has a special plan in store for him.  I love you, my John!

Cowboy dreams

John and his best sleeping buddies Ellie the Elephant and Blankies


My best helper when it comes to shoveling the driveway.

Chillin' at the Bountiful Ice Skating Ribbon

What chocolate?
"Shh, Mommy.  Don't tell you I'm hiding from my nap." 


Birthday cookie cake!  

Get your own candles, Daddy!  I can blow these out myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House