Spring Break!

We had a super fun Spring Break this last week.  We enjoyed a trip to Space Center, a trip for me to my sister Jenny's wedding in Arizona, exploring the local nature park, celebrating St. Patrick's Day with fun friends and lots of yummy corned beef, and getting a new clothes washing machine!  Man, I'm exhausted from all this taking a break stuff.  I hope we're rested up enough to start back to school on Monday morning.  :D

 Xavier and Owen, a.k.a. Bat Brothers! (insert Batman theme song here)

 Starting off Spring Break right with friends, popsicles, and a big cardboard box in the backyard. 

 Checking out some cool stuff at the new Ripley's Believe it or Not exhibit at Space Center

 Should I be more worried that Loyd is about to be eaten by a giant snake?  

Dustin and the kids had fun hanging out together while Owen and I were in Arizona at Aunt Jenny's super fun wedding.  Here they are about to embark on their nature walk at a nearby park.  They got to see an armadillo hanging out by the trail, a squirrel fall out of a tree (no worries, it was fine), and a lizard hiding in the bushes.

The boys are a hoot to see together.  They just love playing with each other and can't get enough of their newest addition to the tribe, Baby O. 
 Baby O's been photo bombed!
 Some real cool guys chillin' on a Sunday afternoon. 
 My handsome boys bonding in funny sunglasses.  :)

My sister Jenny got married this last week in Arizona.  Dustin bravely watched the four older kids at home while Baby Owen and I ventured by airplane to attend her big day.  It was a fun trip for me, especially since I haven't spent a night away from my kids in nearly 9 years (expect in the hospital after having a baby, but I don't think that really counts), and I haven't been on a plane in nearly 10 years.  The flight went well, the wedding went even better, and it was wonderful to see my sisters and parents and cousins and favorite uncle and aunt again.  It was a fun trip filled with many tender mercies from the Lord to make it even better. 

Here are a few of the notes the kids gave me on the way to the airport:
From Loyd
 It says: "You're the best or #1 Mom"  - I guess I can't be both the best and #1.  Loyd says I have to pick one or the other.  :)

From Rebekah
From Xavier
This is a picture of Baby Owen and me getting back from our trip.  One night when I called home to say hi to the family and check on how things were going, Xavier didn't need to talk to me.  Instead, he asked if I could pass the phone to Baby Owen so they could talk.  I guess they had important secret brother stuff to discuss.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House