Keeping Busy

I finished another experiment in doily making. I made this pretty little thing by special request to coordinate with my little sister's beautiful kitchen decor. I really enjoy working with multiple colors. I think it adds something fun and different from your standard white doily.

I've also been working very hard to try and budget my time more wisely so I can fit in a new goal. I've been busy studying for the GRE test I'm signed up to take at the end of September.
If you have any great suggestions for keeping kids happy and busy so I can squeeze in a few extra minutes of math practice or vocabulary building I'm happy to listen!

Comments

Laura said…
Congrats! I hope you get as much studing done as possible. As for keeping kids busy... let them paint with water, color on butcher paper, huts are always a big hit, or for that matter put a tent up and have them go camping with treats and sticks and what not,.... let them finger paint on butcher paper with blue and green and let it dry and then they can go fishing in their lake, OH tell them to go hide and that you will find them... call out that you are looking and how great of hiders they are hehehe. Beca seems to love to learn so get them all their own "homework" books and have study time together (or at least have them do it for your last 15 min.) that way you study and spend time together :) two in one can't get any better than that.
Thomas Family said…
Your doily project looks marvelous. It's great to see what projects you come up with and how nice they turn out. I can't wait to see the next experiment!
This may sound silly, but you may try giving the kids paper cups to stack. I just got that idea from my 10 year old sister, and she stacks and arranges them for long periods of time.
Thank you for my beautiful doily!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House