Tough Negotiations

Bekah was pushing Xavier on the swings at the park yesterday and having a wonderful time doing it. I thought I would take this opportunity and open payroll negotiations for when she is old enough to baby-sit. After all, why not settle job specifics while she's in a good mood? My starting offer was for a dime an hour for baby-sitting. Bekah, with all her savvy business skill, counter offered with 5 cents. After all, 5 is a big number. Realizing I was dealing with a business mind far beyond my abilities, I conceded and we agreed to the hefty sum of 5 cents and hour. Do you think I should get this in writing? Nah, I'm sure she'll totally remember and be ok with our financial arrangement in 10 years, when she is finally old enough to baby-sit.


In other news, a new park opened up nearby. It is quite possibly the most awesome park ever. The kids had a blast. We had to peal them off the toys to go home after they had been there for 3 hours playing. Their favorite section of the park was the music exploration corner. Loyd spend almost the entire time playing with the drums and jumping on the musical notes to make the music beats play.


Xavier found himself looking quite dashing in his blue fall jacket and plaid hat.


He even found a kind mommy-friend to help him practice his walking skills up and down the playground. He'll walk and even stand on his own for other moms, but he refuses to do it for me. He's holding out for me to carry him everywhere still. But, after our park day now I'm on to him. He can't fool me anymore. The forced marches begin now. That kid has to walk everywhere so he can practice and my poor arms can have a break.


I just thought this was a sweet brother moment. Our neighbor gave the kids some paper crowns to decorate and Loyd thought he would share his and teach Xavier how to color. They are so cute sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House