Working Hard or Hardly Working?

This week we began learning about chores at my house. We ordered some awesome chore charts from Amazon.com and briefly let the kids know we would be having an F.H.E. lesson on Monday about chores and allowance. Well, apparently that is all we needed to say. The kids heard the word "allowance" and jumped into action finding chores to do around the house.


Bekah turned to the kitchen for her chore inspiration. She surprised me by volunteering to do the dishes all by herself. She put them in the sink, rinsed them off with the sprayer (she had to change her shirt when she was done) and then stacked them neatly in the dishwasher. She did a fantastic job and had a smile on her face the whole time. I was greatly impressed and delighted at the prospect of not being the only one doing dishes around here anymore. ;>)


Loyd did his own version of surprising me with his helpfulness. He turned his eye to the living room. On Thursday, while I was cleaning the bathroom (I should have known better. Nothing good comes of cleaning the bathroom), Loyd decided to wash my living room floor for me. I came out to put the cleaning supplies away and found my floor sopping wet. Loyd had used his ever present ingenuity to drag the backyard hose through the garage and into the house. He then proceed to spray down the floor. Luckily the damage was extremely minimal, bless his heart. My floor isn't carpeted and he had miraculously missed the computer, TV and most of the couch. It wasn't mostly a mop up operation to right the misdirected good deed. Needless to say, I did a large load of wet towels and Loyd had a long time out. I think We'll have to explain to him in more detail which chores are appropriate for him to undertake. Who knows what will happen next if he is left to is own devices!


Not everyone has embraced this new work ethic. Xavier discovered this week the joys of laying on the floor watching cartoons first thing in the morning. This little man couldn't be happier than when he is chilling in front of the TV watching Dinosaur Train. Oh well, I suppose we have plenty of time to train him to clean the kitchen and mop the floors. Maybe I can convince him to clean the bathrooms for me....


In other cool news. Rebekah participated in her first Primary program today. She got to sing all of the wonderful primary songs, give a little part on her own, and recite the first Article of Faith with her Sunbeam class during Sacrament meeting. She was very excited, a little wiggly, and a touch nervous. She sang the songs with vigor, did the sign language to the song, "How Could the Father Tell The World" with flare, and did the cutest little dance to the music when she forgot she was on the stand. She did a wonderful job and we are all proud of our little Rebekah. There's another milestone for her and for me down; a lifetime more to go.

Comments

Wow! You should go into the cup cake business! They are so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House