"I'm Hungry for Breakfast"

Loyd is many things. One of the most vocal things he is, is"hungry for breakfast." Grandma P spoiled my hungry little man by introducing him to the joys of a big breakfast. Since we've been back from our trip to Utah, Loyd has woken me up each morning by informing me he is ready for breakfast. Well, unsatisfied with my cold cereal, yogurt and granola bars Loyd began taking matters into his own hands. During the early hours of the morning I have founding him munching tomatoes on the couch, dripping yogurt on the floor, and climbing the cupboards looking for candy. Realizing Loyd will not give up his search for food, I've finally decided to cave and try to make some organized breakfasts for this poor little boy. On Wednesday I made my first appearance in the kitchen before 10AM. As I was making breakfast sandwiches at the early hour of 7AM Loyd walked into the kitchen. Bleary eyed and completely stunned by the sight of his mother in the kitchen Loyd stood motionless, mouth gaping, staring at me for two or three minutes trying to understand what was going on. The aromas of sausage and eggs finally overcame his shock and he sat happily down to eat a real breakfast and watch Curious George. He has been a very happy little boy ever since and I have had far fewer yogurt messes to clean up. For Loyd's sake I guess I'm in this for the long haul. The things we do for our boys....


One of Loyd's other traits is that he is a little boy who isn't afraid to get what he wants. I've decided to enlist his help in pushing forward progress on our ever slowly moving bathroom remodel project. After studying Dad's technique, Loyd is using his enthusiasm, energy, time and tools to work on projects around the house for us. Here he is applying his ingenuity by setting to work on sawing an important piece of packing styrofoam. He worked very hard to break this large chunk of foam into the millions of individual tiny balls that form it's structure. It made a very conveniently large and unexpected mess for me to clean up. It's a good thing we have a hard worker like our Loyd.


Here is a rare moment of peace we enjoyed this week. There was screaming, whining and arguing just minutes before the picture was taken, and it resumed a few minutes after, but for a moment they played so kindly and nicely with each other.


Xavier is getting better at pulling himself up onto his feet. He can cruise around the furniture at a good clip now. Today he found an empty cardboard box and employed it as a walker around his room. He could stand up on it and push it around the room while he walked behind. He is one ingenious baby boy. I'm sure it won't be too long before he starts experimenting with walking on his own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House