Crazy Week

This has been a whirlwind of a week. These kind of weeks seem to be increasing in frequency. They require a large amount of energy, but they help the time fly by quickly. By the time we get to the end I can't believe all that we managed to cram into one week.

We began with a bang. I made Monday a canning day. This made my house a thorough mess. Tuesday was dedicated to cleaning my house and recovering from canning day. Tuesday rolled into Wednesday. One day of canning equals two days of cleaning. On Thursday we went to a very fun birthday party and to the movie Twilight Eclipse. Friday, we played with friends, both old and new. On Saturday we worked like crazy people to get our house cleaned up and ready for July. Now I am looking forward to today where I can enjoy the Sabbath. We didn't get everything we wanted to done this week, but it was a valiant effort on our part. Here are some pictures of our week.


Brotherly shenanigans and general tom foolery has already begun at my house. Loyd gets the best laughs out of Xavier with this silly antics and games of peek-a-boo. Xavier is positive Loyd is the funniest and cleverest person he knows. He is always watching his big brother and committing every move to memory to be pulled out at a later date. I better rubberize the walls and floor of the house before Xavier can walk. I'm sure the two of them will be rolling and running through the house together like bear cubs and raiding the kitchen for cereal and cheese sticks.


Xavier is working on a second tooth. (You can see the first tooth in the picture above. It's in the top front of his mouth.) During this LONG teething process we have learned that Xavier does not take pain or discomfort well. He is a very cranky baby boy. I miss my content little man. Heaven help us if he ever gets the flue!


I loved this picture because Loyd looks like a little king sitting on his throne. Silly kid.


Rain from Hurricane Alex drove us inside for most of the week. To break up the tedium, Daddy graciously agreed to be a noble steed for an afternoon. The kids loved riding around the house, but their balance isn't that great so they kept sliding off his bum. They finally came up with a "cling for dear life" approach to stay mounted.


I didn't want to leave out my baby girl in pictures this week. Rebekah has been a big helper. She and Loyd helped me pick the peaches from our tree and wash them. She kept Loyd busy so I could work around the house. She is growing up so quickly. Every time I look at her I can't believe how much she has grown up in just four short years. I'm so lucky to have my Becky.

Well, that's one more busy week down. Now we get to tackle another one!

Comments

why does the rain come right after i leave???

Kailyn

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House