September Mulch Madness

September has arrived and with it the beginning of light frosts at night so it's time to wind down the veggie garden and prepare for next Spring.  We all have had such a fun time watching beautiful plants, flowers, and food grow along with the children.  Gardens are magical places and I'm so grateful I can have the luxury of my own little slice of earth to cultivate as my own.  

Diana checking out the pumpkin patch


She LOVES tomatoes!!  Nothing can quite compare to a fresh tomato right off the vine.  Yum!

Canning season has started.  Check out my salsa!

Zinnias at Grandma Phillips' house are stunning this year!  Some are even taller than John!

When Nye's took out our maple tree they brought us a bunch of tree mulch - 9 cubic yards!!  Boy have we had fun finding lots of great landscaping ways to use up all this wonderful tree mulch.  I couldn't have had as much fun with it in my garden as I did without all of my best helpers!  Thank you everyone!  We sure moved a lot of grass and then a lot of mulch together!










Newly mulched landscape!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House