Loyd's Baptism Day


Friday, March 25th, 2016 - Good Friday before Easter Sunday - Loyd was baptized and confirmed into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by his Father.  It was such a special day.  Friends and family all came to share in  Loyd's decision to follow Christ and partake of his first saving ordinance on his journey back to live with Heavenly Father.  I am so pleased with his choice to take upon himself the name of Christ and become His disciple.  Loyd is a special boy, with a special spirit.  I know the Lord has a great work for him to do in building up God's kingdom. We love you, Loyd, and are so proud of you!

Grandma and Grandpa (Papa Goober) Phillips drove all the way from Utah to share with Loyd in his Baptism day.  It was special to hear Grandma and Grandpa share their testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel with Loyd during his program. 

Loyd was so happy to see two of his special Grandmas at his baptism.  Grandma Phillips gave a beautiful talk on the Holy Ghost, and our Texas Grandma - Grandma Norman ("Mormon") - gave the talk on baptism.  They were such beautiful talks and powerfully brought the Holy Ghost to the program.  Loyd was so touched by their love and words that he almost started to cry.  I've never seen Loyd be touched more deeply by the Holy Ghost and fight so hard not to shed tears from the spirit as I did during his baptism program.  I am grateful for the love and support of all those who came to Loyd's baptism. 

I know I can't raise this little boy on my own, and I am continually humbled by the awesome people in our life who help me to teach, love, and guide my son, and all of my children, in life and especially in the Gospel.  We are a blessed family.
Grandpa Phillips, Grandma Phillips, Loyd, Sister Norman, Brother Norman

Maeve checking out the font before the baptism.  Such an exciting day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House