Loyd and Thomas Edison

It's that time of year again for the 2nd Grade Living Museum at Ferguson.  The students each picked a hero from history to learn about and then prepared a 30 second speech to give while dressed up like their hero.  Loyd was torn as to who he should pick.  He admires so many amazing people like Martin Luther King, Jr., Louis Armstrong, and Rosa Parks.  Finally, he settled on Thomas Alva Edison.

Here is Loyd sharing his memorized presentation on the great inventor: 
"My name is Thomas Edison.  I was born on February 11, 1847.  I love inventing things.  I love it so much, in fact, that my nickname is the Wizard of Menlo Park.  I believe in working hard, and I am not afraid to take chances or fail.  I have come up with more than 1,000 inventions in my lifetime.  Some of my most famous inventions include the phonograph, an improved light bulb, and the first movie camera.  So, the next time you listen to a song on your MP3 player, go to the movies, or switch on a light, remember to think of me!"


                                                               Loyd with his class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House