I don't think we could have done another thing

I don't think we could possibly have shoe-horned another thing in over the past week.  We have been very busy little bees around here. 

 Last Friday night Dustin bravely took two very excited little boys to the stake Fathers' and Sons' camp out.  They went to a little rocky beach on the Gulf and enjoyed a fun nights of dough boys, s'mores, running around in the dark, poking sharp sticks into the fire, playing with friends, and sleeping on rocky ground.  The boys had a terrific time and no one threw up.  I believe it was a smashing success.  However, they all looked pretty bedraggled when they got home.  Having fun in nature really makes a man tired.  ;)
 
 Bekah and I enjoyed the girl time resulting from this masculine trip.  We ate nachos for dinner, watched The Man from Snow River, giggled and talked, slept in, and enjoyed some rare peace and quiet.  We had a fabulous time.

Then the week progressed forward.  We had my birthday and quickly moved on to Valentine's day.  I survived the marathon of school parties and prepping Valentine hand outs. I'm pretty sure I earned my chocolate this year. 
I didn't make these.  Loyd got this from his Tropper teacher.  I thought it was pretty awesome, especially with all of the robot stuff we do at our house.  I bought a box of Valentine cards and taped candy to them.  Very simple and easy. 
The traditional heart shaped Valentine's pizza.  I think my pizza skills are pretty awesome here.  :)
Rebekah lost two teeth in two days.  At this rate the Tooth Fairy will be broke by next week and Bekah's won't have a tooth in her head to call her own!

Her beautiful smile is pretty bare of late.  However, how often do a 6 year old and a 6 month old have the same toothless grin?  We took advantage of the matching smiles our two girls now sport for some fun pictures.  What happy grins. :)

Maeve is laying her own claim to "Boop" rags.  Loyd has some serious competition coming his way.  Little Miss Muffets loves to suck her thumb and snuggle a soft "Boop" rag to her face.  Hm, who else does that sound like?  :)

Then finally, after a fun baby shower and a mountain of homework, we were able to end our week by celebrating our Mr. Loyd's birthday. 

Five years ago this week our adorable, clever, loving, funny, thoughtful, popular, kind, mischievous little divine Son of God came to our family. 
Dustin holding newborn baby Loyd in the hospital.  What a proud papa. 

Rebekah meeting Loyd for the fist time.  He was her first younger sibling.  He helped her take on the very important role of sister.  What a lucky pair to have one another. 

The past 5 years have passed quickly at times and not quickly enough at others, but they have always been filled with love.  Through it all, Loyd has taught me many important lessons and increased my capacities for humility, love, patience, and humor.  I am eternally blessed that he agreed to share his life with us and become an irreplaceable part of our eternal family.  Happy birthday, son!  I love you through and though!
Loyd photo-bombing a recent picture at Space Center.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House