The Birthday Boy!


My little man turned three years old this past week. I can hardly believe how quickly he is growing up. We had a fun family celebration for him on his birthday and then on Saturday we went to Loyd' favorite park and had a "Shaun the Sheep" themed party with his friends. We glued cotton ball wool onto "Shaun the Sheep" pictures, played a game to see who could throw their work boots the furthest, we ate lots of yummy birthday junk food, and had a lot of fun playing on the park toys. It was great fun! We are so glad our friends could spend such a fun morning with us.
The Birthday Party via Balloon Icons. :)


Here are some action shots of Loyd blowing out the candles on his cake:






We enjoy the bright and cheerful smile Loyd brings to the family. He is quick to give a tight hug and a heartfelt, "I LOVE YOU!" at unexpected moments throughout each day. He keeps my mind elastic with the many different ways he thinks of how do to the unexpected (and sometimes naughty). He loves to play and laugh. He is a good friend, a loving brother, a determined problem solver, and a treasured son. We are so blessed to have this handsome son of God in our family.

Thoughts on Stinky Goats:
On a final note, I had an interesting lesson at church today. Before Sacrament meeting started Loyd noticed a picture of Jesus carrying a lamb on his shoulders on the front of the program. Pointing out this picture, Loyd asked, "Mom! Why is Jesus holding that stinky goat?" I got a good laugh out of the question, but it also gave me a moment to reflect. How often am I like a, "stinky goat," when I sin and let pride get in the way of my repentance? I need to make sure I'm more gentle and pure like a little lamb as I come to my Savior. Let's hope in life we can all be more like sweet little lambs and less like stinky goats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House