Not Much Happening In Our Neck of the Woods

Not much to tell from our end of Texas. We've just been keeping busy keeping busy.

We have started doing a small story time on Wednesdays with a few friends. The kids love it. Rebekah likes spending time with the other kids and Loyd adores doing the finger plays. I'm sure Great Grandma Young is helping him learn all the actions. He's really quite good at them and picks up the plays rather quickly.

Loyd also went in for his 18 month old well baby visit. Everything is looking good for our young man. He is tall and skinny and seems to be ahead of the curve on his developmental milestones. The pediatrician was impressed.

Rebekah is turning into quite the social butterfly. She loves to play with her friends. She would have them come over every day, all day if she could. When they have to go home she turns to Loyd and spends the rest of the afternoon telling him what to do. She taught him a few games with some carpet squares and has him trained on how to play a good game of tag now. It's so much fun to see them play together. I think they will be good friends as they grow up.



On those occasions when Loyd is sleeping and there aren't any friends over, Rebekah loves to play make believe with her princesses and her little people. She had this happy domestic scene set up this week and I couldn't resist taking a picture. She has a wonderful imagination. I hope she keeps it as she grows older.



When the tables are turned and Rebekah is sleeping and there aren't any little friends for Loyd to play with he resorts to playing "King of the Hill" will Daddy. I'm pretty sure Loyd won this round; aren't you? ;>) Dustin was a good sport as we reenacted the timeless literary classic by Dr. Seuss, Hop on Pop.

Comments

Andrea said…
LOL this is too cute. I love the updates, I haven't seen you guys for a while it seems! Also this post helped me realize that I have forgottn to record my kids development, since ash has been doing the make believe thing lately too. Thanks!
what a trooper Dustin is :-) Looks like father/son time is pretty fun around your house- miss you guys!!
Boy, if I had that princess setup I'd play with it too! :) With parents like you guys, your kids are bound to be bright.

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House