The Final Week of Summer Break


 

 It's been a wonderfully fun summer break, but I'm getting too tired and too pregnant to be of much fun. The kids are beginning to climb the walls in boredom.  Everyone is ready for another school year to begin this week.  Bekah will begin a new academic year as a very mature 1st grader.  She is very excited for this new title and reminds everyone who is interested that she indeed did pass Kindergarten. 

I took Bekah shoe shopping for the first time last weekend for a nice pair of school shoes.  In the past I have just picked up whatever was on sale and what looked like it might fit.  However, I think Bekah is old enough now to have an opinion and needs to make sure her shoes are comfortable before we commit to a pair. 

It was just the two of us and a mission to find the perfect pair of sneakers.   Bekah had two requirements.  They had to light up and they had to be good "tippy-toe" shoes.  She likes to walk on her tippy-toes for fun.  I just wanted them to be cheap.  For three hours we braved the Tax-Free weekend crowd, went to 5 different stores, and tried on several pairs of rainbow, light-up sneakers before we finally found the perfect pair.  It was a fun afternoon and the boys were very glad they didn't come along.  ;>)

We met her teacher on Friday, Mrs Junco, and saw Bekah's new classroom.  She has her very own desk and the class has 2 pet guinea pigs.  Loyd and Xavier are very enthusiastic about the guinea pigs.  :)  We have new clothes, light-up shoes, and snacks ready to go for Monday.  Look out homework!  Here we come! 

This was too funny not to share. Xavier loves dress up hats and I liked his attitude in this elf hat.  :)

36 weeks pregnant
 My current progress.  I'm huge.  I'm starting to get the "You poor thing.  You're so pregnant." looks from people.  When I asked Dustin if I was really that huge his diplomatic response was, "It's not my place to say."  I gave him a good slug in the arm and asked if I was so big he would want to ask if it was twins.  He said I wasn't that big.  At least I dodged the "Is it twins" bullet.  :)

 Xavier, Rebekah and Loyd sitting on a bench in front of Rebekah's new elementary school on "Meet the Teacher" day.  Everyone is looking forward to another year of academic discovery and adventure!

Newborn to 3 months Own Hat

Newborn to 3 months watermelon theme dress set
 I've had a little time left in this final week before I begin my classes again and thought I would have some fun making crocheted baby things. I think they all turned out quite well.  They're so cute!  I love silly baby crochet things.  :)

Comments

Andrea said…
Audrey! your watermelon outfit made me giggle in delight. How fun is that! And the owl looks store bought. Great work, mom.
Anonymous said…
Those crocheted things are so cute! I wish I knew how to do that. Hope the next few weeks are bearable for you - I'm sure you're all so excited to meet the new addition!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House