Xavier's First Week

We survived and enjoyed our first week as a family of 5. Xavier has been a wonderful baby. He sleeps and eats really well. Rebekah and Loyd are wonderful siblings. And now the weather is perfect outside so we may all may become backyard bums again. We took advantage of everyone in their Sunday dress today and here are some of our newest pictures of our little family.





Rebekah has taken the role of teacher with her newest little brother. So far we have had lessons in paleontology (she gave Xavier some of her dinosaurs while she played by him), art (she handed him a crayon and held the coloring book up so he could color too), and literature (she read him a book on the floor yesterday). She is loving having a tiny baby in the house.



Loyd is Mr. Xavier's keeper. Loyd must know where he is at all times. He checks on his brother every few minutes. If he doesn't see Xavier right away I am promptly asked, "Baby go? Baby go?" until I provide a satisfactory response to his inquiry. Loyd even periodically holds his baby brother for up to 3 or 4 seconds at a time (with mom's assistance of course) before his antsy two year old body has to get up and run around somewhere.



Grandma P. arrived this week to help me with the kids and to meet Mr. Xavier while I recover. It has been a huge help and blessing to have her here. The kids are loving all the walks and playtime with Grandma too. Thanks Grandma P. for coming!!! We all love our special Grandma time!



Here is a rare shot from a newborn. I got this picture of Mr. Xavier smiling on Oct. 14th. I love to see these smiles he often flashes in his sleep.



Now for a game.... One of these pictures is of our Mr. Loyd when he was a tiny baby. The other one is of Xavier. Can you tell who is who? The dates on our camera are all screwed up so you can't go by those numbers! :)

Comments

Lindsey said…
Congratulations Audrey on your new little bundle! He is a handsome little fellow and looks as darling as his big brother and sister! I am so happy for you and to see your family grow! My guess is that the second picture is Xavier, but you'll have to let us know in your next post. I hope you are feeling well. I keep hearing from people that three kids was the most challenging. You will have to let me know how it compares to having two.
I say the top one is Lloyd. Am I right? They look very similar though. How fun to be a family fo 5! I am curious though about the c-section...do you want to share the delivery story? You guys look so great. I cannot believe we both now have 3 kids when before we had a first ones living by each other. Time flies huh? Well enjoy that baby!
Abbi Penn
Hillary said…
Wow... has it been that long since I have been blogging? I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congrats! He is beautiful. What cute kids you have!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House