Plants and Playtime



Rebekah has finally decided that getting dressed by herself is something she wants to do. YEA! This is so great for me as I now just have to wrestle Loyd down to put his pants on in the morning. On the other hand, as you can see from the picture above, her sense of style is definitely interesting.



The weather is cooling down. We have enjoyed some very nice days in the upper 80s lately. The children rush outside any chance they can get to enjoy their new found freedom. Loyd is especially good at finding sticks in the backyard to do battle with my poor plants and to wave about in a generally menacing manner. :)



The cooling temps and the much needed rain have given my flowers a second lease on life. Here is our little Plumeria plant. We literally just stuck it in the ground this June and it has already grown a bit and given us these amazing flowers.



My rose bush has sprung back into life too. I love the color and smell of these roses and I'm quite proud of myself. When we moved into the house it was just a sad little thorny stick of a plant slowing dying in our front yard. Now, with some care and pruning it is turning back into quite a pretty bush with lots of beautiful "Beauty and the Beast" flowers. (That's what Rebekah calls the roses)



With Relief Society activities and doctor appointments the kids have been lucky to spend a lot of time with their friends the past few weeks as we baby-sit exchange. They have a ball whenever their friends come to play. They like to watch movies together....



They like to play pretend and dress-up together....



And Bekah and Loyd even play better with just them together when the friends go home for the evening. We are very lucky to have such nice friends to play with.

Comments

Bekah looks like a little grown up in that first picture!! All cute and dressing herself- we miss you guys!! Now that we are living in Texas, we will have to arrange a trip down to visit you guys sometime!!
ZB said…
I know all about the strange clothes that my kids dress themselves in. A friend of mine gave me a great idea that I love. When I put my little girl's clothes in her drawers I put them in as an outfit. I roll the shirt up with the pants/skirt. That way she just pulls out an entire outfit. This is great for when Daddy dresses her as well. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Time We Got Some Snow Around Here

Fun Moments Around the House